Annual Appeal: Make a Donation
Please join us in contributing during the 2016 annual appeal. With your support, we will continue to expand the opportunities the library offers our community.
Click one of these giving options:
Thank you for your support.
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
Since January 2016, the Foundation has been sponsoring a project that inspires a child’s love of reading, and guarantees that children have access to quality books in their home.
We’ve committed to funding the library’s local participation in the national program—Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. Enrollment is increasing and we need your help! Learn more.
The mission of the Westerville Library Foundation is to secure the future of the Westerville Public Library. A library like ours - nationally-ranked, vital and active - functions as a valuable community resource. The Foundation, governed by a volunteer board of community leaders, is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping enrich the collections and programs of Westerville Library. Through your support we are helping to expand the opportunities the library offers our community. The Foundation raises funds to help ensure that our great library stays that way.
More Ways You Can Contribute
- Cash: Cash gifts are the simplest, most direct means of support for the Foundation. The donor is entitled to an income tax deduction of the entire amount of the gift, providing deductions are itemized and do not exceed certain limits.
- Matching Gifts: Many corporate employers will match their employees' contributions to charitable, nonprofit groups. Donors may contact their employers' human resources departments for details.
- Securities: Appreciated securities continue to be an excellent and popular method of making gifts and can often provide tax benefits. Please contact the Westerville Library Foundation before making a donation of a stock.
- Life Insurance: Life insurance policies that have a cash value may be donated to the Foundation. You can designate the Foundation as one of the beneficiaries of the policy.
- Gifts with Retained Income: An individual may want to make a meaningful gift to the Foundation, but not wish to relinquish the income from the gift property. These gifts include a Charitable Gift Annuity or charitable remainder trust.
- Planned Gifts: Please consider creating a bequest to the Foundation in your will or trust. Reduce estate taxes for heirs and leave a lasting imprint on the community.
Many of these options may have a tax benefit. An attorney or tax adviser can provide guidance about giving to the Foundation in ways that are best for your situation.
Our partner, The Columbus Foundation, can offer you additional information on giving. As the community’s trusted philanthropic adviser for more than 65 years, The Columbus Foundation offers resources, knowledge and expertise in charitable giving. Call 614.251.4000.
Projects that Benefit the Library
The Foundation has helped provide the funds that make the following services possible for the community.
- Support "Meet the Authors" Visits: Host receptions and book sales to provide opportunities for the community to come in contact with nationally known bestselling authors, as well as raise awareness of the library.
- Early Literacy Stations: Computers loaded with interactive learning games to provide pre-reading skills for children.
- Adaptive Technology Station: Adjustable computer table and keyboard to aid children with restricted motor skills.
- Reusable Tote Bags: Fabric bags enabling easier transport of books to homebound residents and senior citizen facilities.
- Engraved Pavers: Make a mark at the library by purchasing an inscription as a gift or memorial. Find out more.
We invite you to be a part of the Foundation’s efforts! Donate by mail.
We welcome your support of the Library through the Westerville Library Foundation. If you would like to contact the Foundation, you can do so by emailing them at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about additional giving opportunities, please contact the Westerville Public Library Director, Erin Francoeur.
- Ron Barrett - President
- Lisa Carmona - Vice-President
- Sondra Kowaluk - Treasurer
- Regan deVictoria - Secretary
- Jeremy Gray
- Kay Hedges
- Patrick Hogan
- Vashitta Johnson
- Jean-Claude Ndongo
- John O'Connor
- Becky Rhubottom
- Holly Spadaro
- Terrie Stolte
- Sarah Whybrew
Library Board Liaisons: Melissa Hodek and Deanna McDaniel